Certificate program in Spectacle Dispensing
Optical industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the present scenario. When Optometrist have opportunities to get specialized in this particular field they will have increased opportunities to work in leading optical outlets, branded lens companies , work in hospital based optical outlets and will be qualified to run an optical shop.
About this course
Optometrists advises on, fits and supplies the most appropriate spectacles after taking account of each patient’s visual, lifestyle and vocational needs.They also play an important role in advising and dispensing low vision aids to those who are partially sighted as well as advising on and dispensing to children where appropriate.
Their specialist skills include professional advice on lenses for night driving, UV protection, prescription sunglasses, spectacles for VDU use, sports and safety eyewear
Dispensing spectacles to children, to the visually impaired, or dispensing of contact lenses can only be undertaken by, or carried out under supervision of optometrists
Spectacle dispensing is a subspecialty of optometry which includes all procedures from the time the glass prescription is presented to the optician till the patient receives the pair of glasses satisfactorily. The objective of this course is to develop the optometrist's skills and knowledge for quality vision care services.
Certificate program is open to the working optometrists & optometry students
Synthesis of knowledge about
- What is facial wrap in spectacles?
- What are the characteristics of a good Paediatric frame?
- What is crest height in optics?
- How do I adjust the specs according to my face?
- How do you fit spectacle frames?
- What type of glasses fit my face?
- What are the numbers on the side of my glasses?
- Should glasses cover your eyebrows?
- What glasses make you look younger?
- Are my glasses too narrow?
- How do I know if my glasses are too big?
- Does Bridge size matter in glasses?
- Should my glasses touch my cheeks?
- How do you tell if glasses are too big for your face?
- Should nose pads leave marks?
- Do glasses change your face?
- Why are my glasses leaving marks on my nose?
- Are spectacle marks permanent?
- How do you prevent spectacle marks?
- How do I stop getting marks on my nose from glasses?
- Are glasses better with or without nose pads?
for Indian Students
for International StudentsApply Now